Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Walked the Pond today. The huge flock of Mergansers that my neighbor saw is still on the Pond. Last weeks pics were of Hooded Mergansers that I saw on the Lagoon. I mistakenly thought the large flock were also Hooded Mergansers. Once I actually saw them I realized they were not the Hooded but the Common Mergansers. Talked to a gentleman sitting on a bench on the Causeway with binoculars. He said he had counted 130+ birds! Wow!!! Here is a shot of part of the flock and a pair. The one with the green head is the male and the female has the red head.









While I was walking I also saw my first American Coot of the season.










And also my first Cormorant of the season.










Hope you all had a chance to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment